Help with your homework.
Being an informed consumer is like walking into a test with all the answers. You just can't go wrong. That’s why we’ve put together this list of resources to help you research prices, read articles from experts in the field, and even get the proper paperwork you need to make your vehicle-buying experience exciting and easy.
- Heritage Grove Car-Buying Service will help you research the vehicle you're looking for, allow you to see what other people have paid for the same vehicle, and where to find it. Heritage Grove does not warrant or endorse any products on this car-buying website.
- CUDL AutoSmart will help you research the vehicle you’re looking for and where to find it.
- Kelley Blue Book provides accurate car value information as well as informative shopping tips.
- NADA Guides is an excellent resource for pricing all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, RVs and more.
- Oregon DMV provides all the information and forms you’ll need to streamline your vehicle-buying experience.
And while you're researching vehicles, you may also want to start thinking about ways to safeguard your investment. Heritage Grove offers three different types of coverage that will help protect you and your vehicle in the event of an accident or mechanical failure, including:
Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP)
A plan that is similar to a dealership warranty program but is typically 20-30% less expensive. Our MBP policies include:
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Rental Vehicle Reimbursement
- No-Charge Flat Tire Repair
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement
- No Limit on Claims
- Direct Payment to Repair Facility (no waiting for reimbursement) on Most Repairs
Guaranteed Asset Protection Plus (GAP+)
A protection plan that covers your vehicle in the event that it is stolen and not recovered or damaged beyond repair. GAP+ covers the difference between what your insurance company is willing to pay and the remaining balance on your loan payoff, subject to policy limits. In addition, GAP+ will apply $1,000 towards the down payment of your replacement vehicle if financed through Heritage Grove.
Auto Deductible Reimbursement: If you suffer a loss during the Coverage Period which is covered by your auto policy, you may be entitled to reimbursement of the Covered Auto Deductible. Reimbursement will be equal to the Covered Auto Deductible on the Auto Policy, up to $500 per Loss.
Credit Life and Disability Insurance
A low-cost, voluntary insurance policy that will pay off your loan (up to the policy maximum) in the event you or your covered joint borrower dies. This will protect your family from financial burden in the event of your death. With Disability coverage your loan payments are covered, protecting you from credit problems. This coverage is available for a variety of loans.
Doing your due diligence before diving into any major purchase is the best way to be well informed and ready to move. If you have any questions about our asset protection products, give us a call or stop by the branch. When you’re ready to start your vehicle-buying experience, you can call us, stop by the branch, or you can apply online.